Tuesday, January 27, 2009

variety

Since January 5, I have been working between 30-50 hours per week to prepare for my students, respond to administrative matters, and teach. I try to start work at 8:00 a.m. and usually finish at about 7:00 or 8:00 at night. And I always have things I need to do on Saturday.

Yesterday I took some time in the afternoon to do more than simply prepare for teaching classes. I took care of other necessary items (e.g., renew car insurance, renew car registration, balance budget), but it helped me. I was a much happier person when Matt came home.

So here's a shout-out to creating variety in our life--and taking time to unwind and relax, even if that means crunching numbers instead of working on grammar.

But that doesn't mean you should procrastinate your work day (as I am doing right now)...

1 comment:

Tom and Shalaun said...

Hi Trish! You really fit the college professor image. Maybe the Indiana Jones type, huh, with all that variety in your life.