Monday, January 5, 2009

Grilled pizza

I'd heard about grilled pizza but couldn't figure out how to do it. I hoped that if anyone knew how to do it right, Curtis would. Yep! We made pizza on the grill last week. Here's how:

1. Shape your dough. Luckily Tim worked in the Chuck E. Cheese kitchen for four years and is an expert.



2. Cook the dough right on the grill. Once one side is browned, turn it over with a pizza paddle and quickly add pizza sauce, toppings, and cheese. Close the lid and the pizza is done in a few minutes! (Warning--this will expose any hot spots on your grill, so you may need to move the dough around.)



3. With Tim and Curtis ably manning the first two parts of the pizza creation, my main role was to give their work the appreciation it deserved by sampling each variety. Grilled pizza tastes healthier than baked pizza since it's less greasy. This is a spinach pizza I'm eating.

2 comments:

lois said...

I'm sad I missed that.

Kari Jo said...

Mmmmmmmmm.....I've heard about grilled pizza too. I think we should try it at your place sometime--when the weather warms up! You'll have to give your input as to favorite recipes and toppings :)