Monday, January 5, 2009

The Anatomy of Peace

Trish and I are currently listening to the new audiobook The Anatomy of Peace by the Arbinger Institute (Terry Warner) in our evening.

It's hard to stop listening and go to bed (as proof, Trish is asleep by me on the couch after asking for "one more chapter..."). Terry Warner teaches about self-deception, but this isn't a dry philosophical treatise, it's an engaging *story*!

I've really enjoyed Warner's other books, Leadership and Self-Deception and Bonds That Make Us Free, which teach how to discover self-deception in your own life and how to overcome it and make peace with yourself. It looks like this new book teaches how to help others overcome self-deception--we're about halfway done. I'll put a review on this blog or my other blog, mattsederberg.com, when we're done.

1 comment:

Kari Jo said...

Another book to add to the books to read.....so much good literature!!!