Thursday, November 15, 2007

gratitude

'Tis the season to be grateful, and Matt and I have embarked on a little fun adventure to engage fully in Thanksgiving gratitude. We are participating in "Pay it Forward: What are you Grateful For?" The idea came from Matt's sister Bec, and we are paying it forward, too. This is what to do--each day of this month make a list of things you are thankful for that start with each letter of the alphabet.

A: Apples. I have made two fresh apple pies so far, and I have enough for a third. Yummy!

B: Bible. We are learning a lot from studying the New Testament this year, and we have loved the teachings of those ancient prophets in the Bible.

C: Clocks. They help us be more efficient with our time.

D: Dirty laundry helps us appreciate clean laundry that much more.

E: Exercise. Matt and I try to exercise every morning to get a fresh and invigorating start on the day.

F: Fall, especially fall colors in Utah.

Here's the Pay It Forward Idea: I will send a handmade gift to the first three (3) people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. You may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog. (So, you must have a blog to participate.) I can't wait to see who I will be giving to. To join, just cut and paste this on your blog and comment away. So get posting.

4 comments:

Matt said...

Trish (and everyone else) here's a great quote on gratitude I saw today:

"The Prophet Joseph said at one time that one of the greatest sins of which the Latter-day Saints would be guilty is the sin of ingratitude. I presume most of us have not thought of that as a great sin. There is a great tendency for us in our prayers and in our pleadings with the Lord to ask for additional blessings. But sometimes I feel we need to devote more of our prayers to expressions of gratitude and thanksgiving for blessings already received. We enjoy so much (God, Family, Country, Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1974, p. 199)."

Dad said...

I am going to "play it forward" to the letters 'M' and 'T'. I am grateful for Matt and Tricia - really, really grateful!! You two are absolutely great! Love, Dad

michael said...

HAPPY CHRISTMAS, MERRY BIRTHDAY AND A MERRY NEW YEAR! GOOD TIDENGS I BRING FOR YOU since me and maria are shopping for you, what do you want most? post on:


michael said...

HAPPY CHRISTMAS, MERRY BIRTHDAY AND A MERRY NEW YEAR! GOOD TIDENGS I BRING FOR YOU since me and maria are shopping for you, what do you want most? post on:

here
.