Wednesday, March 11, 2009


I came in the door today at 2:26 p.m. and heard a small but piercing *beep.* I figured it was an indication that something was unplugged or plugged in for too long. So I went about normal coming-home business (using the bathroom, perusing the mail, getting papers situated), and the beep went off a few more times. So I decided to find it.

It is the fire/CO2 alarm. And it has constantly beeped every 30 seconds for the last two hours. I tried hitting the silence button to no avail. I can't decide if the steady beep is an indication that the monitoring controls are working or if it is an indication there's an overabundance of CO2 in the air. Does the steadiness trump the piercingness? Or the other way around?

Either way, I might just have to take this situation to extremes--and live without CO2 monitoring for a few hours. For the sake of my slowly growing headache.


Chris , Jessica, & Hazzard said...

Try A.)changing the batteries we had an annoying one like that and all it wanted was fresh batteries. Its, its annoying way of telling you that it is dying! Or B.) pull it off the wall, ceiling, counter, or where ever it may be pull the batteries and stick it in the nearest door and forget about it. Granted not the safest option but just as effective!

Maria said...

Wow, I didn't even know that Co2 monitors were an option. I've seen lots of monitors for carbon monoxide, but never dioxide. Is it really a threat like that?