Friday, March 12, 2010

learning


The little man--whose formal name is Henry--has done a lot of learning in the last six weeks since coming into this world. His most current learned skill is talking via cooing. Holy shmoly, do I LOVE having conversations with this kiddo.

As we went on a walk today, I realized that I have also done some learning in the last six weeks:
  • I can function on less than eight hours of consecutive sleep. (Now, the quality of functionality is totally up for debate.)
  • Parenting is done best by more than one person.
  • Books have good general information; little people are their own individuals who sometimes don't fit within the confines of a book.
  • It's good to have a clean house; it's better to feed your soul. Sometimes the two can be synonymous.
  • Families are a gift from God.
  • Spit up and milk can be cleaned out of most fabrics, but not so much out of decorative pillows that don't have zip covers.
  • I can pray for anything I need help with--and get answers.
  • A clock radio with a "day-of-the-week" function can really be helpful for orienting a sleep-deprived mother at 3:30 a.m.
I wonder what we will learn in the next six weeks. (Mom votes that Henry learns to sleep through the night...)

1 comment:

MEL said...

Tricia (& Matt)~
I love reading about your little adventures! (Especially since I can currently appreciate all of those same things!) Good luck with the sleep issue... it's a tricky one to master! I think it is probably safe to simply plan to be at least mildly sleep deprived for the next 18 years... more when you add more children! ;)